Friday, March 5, 2010

Salut, Gerry!

Today, and for a long time to come, Foghorn mourns the passing of a good friend. Gerry Reid quietly qualified for the next stage yesterday at Duke Medical Center, the result of a horrific traffic accident Monday morning. Needless to say, the Foghorn team will be a man down for quite a while. Gerry wasn't an avid cyclist, but I do distinctly remember that neon orange Fuji mountain bike, circa 1993, which he held onto forever. I'm almost positive it's still in his garage. I was fortunate enough to spend a year in Raleigh after college, where Gerry showed me the local trails.

For Gerry, I imagine heaven is an infinite hockey rink, with plenty of homebrew, and a few hand rolled cigs. I hope it is so. Godspeed, good man, skate on, we'll look for you on the other side.

Salute, Gerry!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. This is Gerry's wife ... I'm saving that bike for our son and yes it's still in the garage. I've never seen this post until today and it made me smile. Thx.

    ReplyDelete