Sunday, May 30, 2010

Browntown Fondo!

AKA Urban 100. Damn that ride is a pain in the ass. Too many friggin' distractions in the city. Too many mechanicals and flat tires as well. On the up side, stopped to change a flat, found a nickel bag. (The rest of that story is confidential.) Of course it was disposed of properly!

Yeah, yeah, I know it says 87 miles, but the computer batteries died about 5 miles from the finish. Davis has like 95 total on his. A few trails were left on the table so we now know it is in fact doable. Ran out of time (dinner reservations), besides, my tongue was getting caught in my derailleur it was hangin' so low. To paraphrase Davis' quote of Richard Childress quoting Dale Earnhart Sr, I had to soak my socks in kerosene, cause the ants were bitin' my candy ass.

We're calling it done so we can move on. Note the trick, super secret back entrance to Pocahontas SP at Courthouse Road and 288. Sweet! No photos, camera is just dead weight and yet another distraction.

Next weekend I vow to spend less than seven hours on a bike! My ass is sore.

2 comments:

  1. Let's pick something next less snake infested...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are making me homesick! How about adopting a padawan?

    ReplyDelete