Saturday, February 13, 2010

Building A Super Light Racer

Yup. European style. Only weighs 3 oz.

Maggie's helping. She did a ton of sanding, a coat of spray paint, she added the stripe and the stickers. She put on the wheels and added the secret sauce - graphite. 100% organic. Not just on the axles, she covered the whole damn thing in graphite. I was actually quite proud of the work she put in.



Now we're going down to the Baptist Church to kick some ass in the Awana Pine Car Derby! I'm a bad loser and an even worse winner, so I'm brushing up on my smack talk. Actually a bit nervous about going into church, you know Foghorn is a sinner, not a repenter. If there is divine intervention in this event, it probably won't go my way. Jesus would be doing me a big favor if we lost in the first heat and got to come home early. I'll defer that divine intervention until tomorrow's icy/snowy/slushy/muddy Pantani Ride, which ain't gonna go my way either. Nothing quite like riding off into the unknown, under your own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment