Thursday, February 11, 2010

In too deep



Had to give myself a taste of what this Pantani RIde might be all about, so I suited up and commuted today. Criss Cross Road did not disappoint! Also refining the studded tires. Scottie D. hooked me up with some adhesive that has probably landed me on an EPA watch list. Liner installed, one tire is ready for the ride home. One fucking studded tire, what a douche! And toting a perfectly good (sort of) tire in my backpack, double douche! Pretty much all the ice had melted by afternoon, so one fucking studded tire flinging asphalt the whole way home-triple dog douche! It will be 2 studded tires by tomorrow. But no commute. The VDOT pinhole patching crew has been dispatched.

So there is some suspicion that the Pantani may be unrideable, that we are suckers for a set up, that we don't understand the forces we are dealing with and we are in over our heads. Way over. I personally have been riding over my head for a couple of years now, so if I curl up in the fetal position in a snowbank somewhere northwest of C'ville it wont be too suprising. In any event, we are a barnyard divided. The rooster will roll & the old goat too, but the horse has bailed. Duck and pig never really were a factor.

3 comments:

  1. Guess I'm on the list now... was hoping to be domestique of the brown recluse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the old man whipped out the P-word and truthfully I will have my face all up in it looking for V.D. this weekend but it won’t be in VA so I’m going to have to take the whooped’ way and take my brownie points standing up. I have a date with a redemption ride coming, you just let me know when Uncle.

    Enjoy the sermon on Sunday boys.

    Peace,
    Metro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metro take your camel bak full of penicillin and you should be fine. If there is no post by Monday means I am curled up in aforementioned snow bank.

    ReplyDelete