Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Getting Started...


I guess it's presumptive to think that anybody gives a rat's ass, but I discovered this bloggy tool and I thought I'd give it a try. Good way to get the gospel of Foghorn out there, I guess, and to advertise the events. Also a clear indication of the amount of snow currently on the ground, and me spending way too much time on the computer.

Logged about 30 miles on the snow bike over the long weekend, and I must say it gave me a thorough shagging. Training with Antawne Van der Weide (right), Dutch Snowcross National Champion, didn't help either. Nearly died (twice) getting this shot. Made my own snow tires, you can see how to make your own here:
http://www.dirtragmag.com/blogarific/bicycle-ice-racing-toronto-style/
I actually had them in production before I saw the article, honest. Be forewarned, I went the non-tubeless route (old slick tire for liner and thorn proof tubes just in case) plus 100 screws per tire, and they are heavy. A lot of torque to get those babies moving, rotational mass & all that being what it is. Incomparable on the slick ice though.

So hopefully we'll be able to keep it all together, share a few stories, a few pics, and a few beers. I can bitch about work, family, the wife (sorry dear), etc. and nobody really has to listen. You can chime in and say whatever the hell you like.

Mark the calendar, save the date, change your plans, do whatever you gotta do. Ferry-Roubaix, April 10.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That is a fair amount of smoke engulfing El Tonio, you guys riding the downwind side of Marley Fest?

    -Snowman

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might not be smoke, and that smoke might not be snow, Snowman.

    JannyUllrichFest

    ReplyDelete